Want to see the most interesting, vibrant and beautiful images on flickr.com right on your iPad or iPhone?
Explore Flickr will show you stunning photography from around the world in perfect high definition. Save images to your photo library from within the app for an endless supply of gorgeous lock screen and wallpaper images.
The standard version is free and runs on all iPhone/iPod Touch devices with iOS 4.0+ and all iPads. Want more features? Go Premium!
Every day, millions of new photographs are uploaded to flickr and the absolute best of them are chosen to be on the “Explore” section of the site. Explore Flickr for iPad and iPhone allows you to browse those images in perfect high definition.
- Browse hundreds of the top daily images from flickr.com.
- Find beautiful wallpaper and lock screen images and download them direct to your photo library.
- Instantly see photo title and tag details, or browse all details and photo comments right on flickr.com from within the app.
- An entirely new set of photographs refreshed daily for a constant stream of fresh photography!
But why limit yourself to just the photography that flickr picks every day? Upgrade to premium from within the app and search more than 5 billion photos unlocking all of the content that flickr has to offer.
- Text Search - Search for any keyword on flickr.
- Explore by Tag - Click on any tag to explore further.
- Search History - Keep track of your favourite searches.
- Slideshow - View a rolling slideshow of all displayed images on .
“Simple and beautiful. An inspiring way to kill time.”
A visual delight!
“Very nicely designed. Elegantly simple interface. Well done.”
Lots of potential.
“Very charming app, the main screen load animation is elegant and large photos are beautifully displayed.”
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Explore Flickr compatible with my iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad?
Yes! Explore Flickr works on any iOS device. The only restriction is that you are running iOS 4.0 on an iPhone or iPod touch or iOS 3.2 on the iPad.
- If I purchase the premium upgrade on my iPad, do I also get it on my iPhone?
Yes! We can not automatically upgrade your other devices when you purchase the upgrade but if you go through the purchase process again on another device and use the same iTunes account, you will not be billed again.
- Are there any other slideshow transitions?
Of course, you can change the slideshow transition in the iPhone or iPad Settings app. Select Explore Flickr from the list of apps in settings and you can change the slideshow transition style between a simple fade, a slide-in or a zoom transition.
- Are there any hidden gestures in Explore Flickr?
Yes! We have included some optional gestures to help you navigate around the app. For example, you can tap with two fingers on a photo to close it and go back to the grid view.
- When I do a slideshow, some of the photos have not loaded fully when they appear. Can I slow down the slideshow?
Absolutely, you can change the slideshow transition speed in the iPhone or iPad Settings app.
- Where is the old Explore Flickr dashboard widget?
This iPad and iPhone app is based on our original Mac OS X dashboard widget (Actually, that widget was the very first piece of Mac software we ever wrote!). Don't panic if you came looking for it though, it is still available! Download the dashboard widget now..
- My question isn't answered here, help!
You can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.